I do recommend you try this at home.
What to do in a conversation with someone who doesn’t believe in retaliation to terrorist attacks:
- When someone says military force is inappropriate ask “How come?”
- Wait until he says “Because that would cause more innocent deaths and we should not cause more violence”
- When he’s in mid-sentence punch him in the face as hard as you can.
- When he gets back up to punch you, point out that it would be contrary to his values to strike you and cause more violence.
- Wait until he agrees.
- Punch him again, harder this time.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until he realizes that sometimes it’s necessary to fight back.